- The Bears are 7-3 and in first in the NFC North. On a side note, I'm two wins away from winning $20 on the bet I placed at the Mirage sports book while in Vegas.
- The Yankees, Phillies, Cardinals and White Sox did not win the World Series.
- This summer, I accomplished two golf goals: I broke 90 on 18 holes and broke 40 on 9 holes.
- It's been a good fall for sports-hate: Favre's farewell has not been a fond one, what with several injuries, a sexting scandal, a 69.5 QB rating, 17 interceptions, a 3-7 record, and two losses to the Packers; the Cowboys have only one more win than coaches this year; the Heat are just 8-7; and Notre Dame is just 6-5 and now mired in scandal. Is it wrong to be thankful that I have so much to hate?
- Sunday nights in the summer will be much better now that Jon Miller and Joe Morgan are out as the announcers of Sunday Night Baseball.
- The 8-5 Bulls are in first in a weak division and look to have a solid squad. Also, Derrick Rose is third in the NBA in scoring thus far.
- Illinois and Michigan are bowl eligible, both for the first time since 2007.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Things I'm thankful for this year: