Saturday, February 21, 2009

Goodbye to Conan

Hard to believe, but Conan has been on since I was 11 years old. He was a writer at SNL, and when Letterman left for CBS, SNL executive producer Lorne Michaels tapped a 6-4, red-headed goofball with virtually no TV experience to take over Late Night. It was a ballsy decision on Lorne's part, but it sure worked out. Lucky for his fans, Conan had this to say on last night's final show, regarding his next gig at the Tonight Show:

"Sometimes I read that it's time for Conan to grow up cuz he's going to 11:30, and I assure you: that's just not going to happen."

The Tonight Show currently targets a different demographic than Late Night, and Conan has already had to retire some of his more outlandish gigs such as the Masturbating Bear. But here's hoping that Conan will still be Conan, just an hour earlier. A couple clips from last night's final episode:





And I can't post this video because NBC prevents YouTube from providing an embed code (and I can't find it on NBC's site), but this is a link to one of my favorite moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vVbIaBXtJ8

No comments:

Post a Comment