Monday, March 30, 2009

Cubs' roster down to 28

The Cubs today released Paul Bako (eh) and lefty Mike Stanton (double eh). Micah Hoffpauir will officially be part of the team, while Koyie Hill officially gets the nod as the backup catcher. Hill, 30, is batting .381 this spring.

The Cubs have a few more infield/outfield/reliever decisions to make, but with one week 'til Opening Day, they're getting real close to finalizing the Opening Day roster.

Click the title of this post to view the Cubs.com story.

4 comments:

  1. Do you know what's going on with Henry Blanco? Is he out? :(

    This is IWU English Major Molly by the way... don't know if you remember me, but I read your blog. You cover all of my favorite teams, except... well, probably not NFL (I like the Packers). Thanks for all that you do! I've found your tournament coverage highly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Molly, I remember you! Thanks for reading my blog! :)

    Henry Blanco was released by the Cubs (why, I have no idea) and signed a 1-year deal to be the backup catcher for the Padres. Now we're stuck with Koyie Hill as our backup.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the faith for Koyie. His spring numbers look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer on Blanco. He was such a great mentor for the young catchers. I think Hill looks good, though. And here's hoping Soto can have a repeat of his good year last year.

    ReplyDelete