Tuesday, August 25, 2009

There's no place like home

The Cubs are coming back home, and surely they're glad to be back after a miserable road trip.

I too am glad to be home--I purchased a house in Normal and settled in this past weekend. Photographic evidence of said home:

The sign proves that I bought it.


That's it!


Living room, with gas fireplace.


Also the living room, complete with XBox, without which no home is complete.


Kitchen. Red.


Sunroom, which will soon be furnished with a patio set.


Backyard, freshly mowed by yours truly (after dad showed me the ropes), and a sweet brick patio.


Basement, with full bathroom. Not quite done yet, clearly.


One of the two bedrooms, complete with random things strewn about.

I'm very happy with it, and appreciate all the help I've received from family and friends as I turn the house into a home.

I chalk this up as a victory. Now if the Cubs could just get a few of those ...

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Looks great. Apparently I have to buy an XBox to have my home be complete. Who knew??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your standing by a sold sign could also prove that you're a creepy guy standing by someone else's sold sign. Congrats, anyway.

    ReplyDelete