Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Do you think the Pilgrims and Indians played a game of pick-up football after their meal? I like to think so.
A few sports-related things I'm thankful for:
- The Brewers, Astros, Reds and Pirates being in the Cubs' division.
- The God of Schedules, for putting the Rams and Browns on the Bears' schedule, plus the Lions twice. How bad would things be for the Bears if they didn't have the easiest schedule in the league?
- Trevor Sierra and Brian Brennan, for providing company in my obsession with sports.
- The fact that you can tell when Halloween has passed each year just by checking to see if Notre Dame has started choking away their season yet.
- The NFL Red Zone channel.
- Illinois Wesleyan athletics: women's soccer made it to the second round of the national tournament, the football team is 10-1 and headed to the Round of 16, the women's basketball team is ranked second in the nation, the men's team is 3-1, men's and women's golf are ranked in the top 11, and Kerry Devitt just became the first IWU cross country runner to win the conference meet.
- ESPN columnist Bill Simmons, on whom I admittedly have a man crush.
- Gus Johnson calling not just college basketball, but NFL games too.
- A real, live human being owning the Cubs.