Wednesday, March 31, 2010

2010 Cubs predictions

We're only five days away from Opening Day, which means it's about time for me, Trevor Sierra and Andrew Kapral to make comically inaccurate predictions about the upcoming season. Last season, Trevor and Andrew tied with three apiece while I had only two. I won in 2008, and Andrew dominated in 2007. Due to the sensitive nature of these predictions, all information prior to 2007 has been destroyed.

On with it:

*2009 totals in parentheses

Cubs wins (83)
Trevor 88
Andrew 87
Brandon 86

(good luck with that one, Andrew)

Randy Wells wins (12)
Trevor 13
Brandon 11
Andrew 10

(Dammit.)

Soto slugging percentage (.381)
Brandon .475
Andrew .445
Trevor .430

Zambrano wins (9)
Trevor 20
Brandon 14
Andrew 14

Derrek Lee HR (35)
Brandon 33
Trevor 33
Andrew 27

Carlos Marmol walks per 9 innings (7.9)
Brandon 6.4
Andrew 5.8
Trevor 5.1

Theriot OBP (.343)
Andrew .380
Brandon .370
Trevor .365


Final NL Central standings
Brandon
Cardinals
Cubs
Brewers
Reds
Astros
Pirates

Trevor
Cardinals
Cubs
Brewers
Reds
Astros
Pirates

Andrew
Cubs
Cardinals
Reds
Brewers
Astros
Pirates

5 comments:

  1. Good to see that I'm reprising my role as conductor of the optimism train. I thought I would have the low on Wells wins...you guys must be really down on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As our fourth starter, I think 11 wins would be solid. I have a hard time believing he won't have a minor setback in his second year as the league gets to know him better, but I could see him getting up toward 12 or 13 wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently the over/under for Zambrano wins is 13. I may have overshot the mark a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where'd you find that? By the way, the over/under on Cubs wins is 83.5. If you really feel good about a strong showing (and you too, Brian), you should put some money on the over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a Rosenbloom blog post on the Trib's website. I'd post the link, but it's ridiculously long. I'm putting my next paycheck on a Zambrano/Cubs wins over parlay. It's a lock...free money.

    ReplyDelete